Open Education and Scholarly Communications Librarian
Publications & presentations:
Walter C. Koerner Library
1958 Main Mall
Phone: (604) 822-0977
- Fields, E. (2015).Making visible new learning: Professional development with open digital badge pathways. Canadian Journal of Library and Information Practice and Research. 10(1).
- Fields, E. (2015). In/formal Credentials – Governing Open Badges. UBC Digital Learning Blog.
- Fields, E. (October 15, 2015) Open Digital Badges: the New Education Credential. Open Shelf Magazine.
- Fields, E. (Winter 2011) Podcasting: Delivering Scholarship Outside the University Walls, Feminist Collections. 32(1).
- Fields, E, (2010). A Unique Twitter Use for Reference Services. Library Hi Tech News, 27 (6/7): 14 – 15.
- Fields, E. and Tencinger, I. (August 2008) Strategies for a Successful Virtual Reference Transaction, The Informed Librarian Online
- Design and Development of Badging in Higher-Ed Learning Environments, BCNET 2015, Vancouver BC (April 25-27, 2015). Co- presented with David Leach (Chair of the Department of Writing, UVic) and Helen Lee (Senior Instruction Designer, Justice Institute)
- Disruption in the Library: How OERs are Changing and Challenging the Role of Librarians, Open Textbook Summit, Vancouver BC (May 28-29th, 2015). Co-presented with Caroline Daniels (Systems, Web & Interlibrary Loan Librarian, KPU)
- Creating Communities with Open Badges, BCLA 2015, Vancouver BC (May 21, 2015) Co-presented with Kate Chandler
- BCOER: Librarian Supporting Open Education, Emerging Technologies User Group Spring Workshops, BC Campus, Vancouver BC (June 2014) Co-presented with Leva Lee and Janis McKenzie
- Hands-On Learning: The role of Maker Culture in Innovative, Emerging Technologies User Group Spring Workshops, BC Campus, Vancouver BC (June 2014) Co-presented with Will Engle
- Open Library Community: Research Support Services in a Digital Age, WILU 2014, London, ON (May 22, 2014)
- To All and Sundry – Library Community in the Age of MOOCS, BCLA Conference 2014, Vancouver, BC (March 31-April 2, 2014)
- Oh, Glorious Failures! Lightning Talks on How to Succeed Through Failure, BCLA Conference 2014, Vancouver, BC (March 31-April 2, 2014)
- The Future? Open Online Courses and the Library, Open UBC 2013, Vancouver, BC (October 2013)
- Pay it Forward – How Junior Librarians Can Be Mentors, OLA Super Conference 2013, Toronto, ON (January 30 – February 2, 2013) Co-presented with Norda Majekodunmi, York University, and Klara Madenberg, OCUL
- Experimenting on Shifting Sands: UBC Library’s LOOC Partnership, ALPS Lightning Talk, Vancouver, BC (December 2013)
- ‘Beyond Library 'Science': (Artsy) New Professionals Reflect on Research, BC Library Association Conference. Victoria, BC (April 8, 2011) Co-presented with Dave Hudson, University of Guelph
- Shelving Books and Packing Heat – Images of Librarians as Freedom Fighters, OLA Super Conference 2010, Toronto, ON (February 26, 2010)
- Tutoring the Virtual Student – An Instructional Framework for Information Literacy Objectives in Chat Reference, WILU 2009, Montreal, QC (May 26, 2009) Co-presented with Irene Tencinger, Wilfrid Laurier University – Brantford Campus
Error in your listing? Please send requests by email to Library HR.